Featured Posts

Name Changes in Ontario

Get a formal name change: A formal name change is a more serious than assuming one (see my last blog post) and involved process and provides you with a new birth certificate (if you were born in Ontario).

  • If you get a formal name change within 90 days of your marriage, there is no cost; if applying for a formal name change after 90 days of marriage, you’ll be charged $25.

  • You will need a number of other documents to legally change your name. Assuming you were born in Canada, you’ll need to send:

    • all original birth certificates or certified copies of birth registrations

    • photocopies of all change of name certificates (if you’ve changed your name before)

    • all court-certified copies of court orders (if applicable)

  • If you were born outside of Canada, or are a landed immigrant/permanent resident you’ll need to enclose:

    • a photocopy of your Canadian Citizenship Card (both sides) or Immigrant Landing/Permanent Resident Card (both sides)

    • a photocopy of your original birth certificate or photocopy of certified copy of birth registration from your country of birth

    • photocopies of all change of name certificates (if you’ve changed your name before

    • all court-certified copies of court orders (if applicable)

  • Download the Application to Change an Adult’s Name or call ServiceOntario to get the forms delivered to you. They can be reached at 416-325-8305 and 1-800-461-2156.

    • Submit the documents by mail to Office of the Registrar General, P.O. Box 3000, 189 Red River Rd, 3rd Floor, Thunder Bay, ON, P7B 5W0.

    • You can submit the documents in person at Service Ontario, 47 Sheppard Avenue East, Unit 417, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON, M2N 5N1.











Please reload

How to get your marriage certificate quickly!

November 28, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Follow Us
  • Wix Facebook page
  • Google+ App Icon
  • Tumblr App Icon
  • Instagram App Icon
  • Wix Twitter page
  • Pinterest App Icon
Search By Tags

Toronto Wedding Officiant, Province of Ontario Licensed as clergy through C.I.M.M.


Contact : Tade Credgeur - The Marrying Lady (647) 409-8233  |  tade@sheisthemarryinglady.com

  • Instagram
  • Wix Facebook page
  • YouTube Toronto Officiant
  • Pinterest App Icon