See Wedding Projects for more tips!
2021: Guest Blog in The Ring: Planning your Outdoor Wedding
2021: Guest Blog in Canada Weds: 10 Reasons Couples are getting Married During a Pandemic
2020: CTV Weddings During Covid19 NEWS
The Marrying Lady is available to legally solemnize (sign) your marriage licence, and provide ceremonies in accordance with the Provincial and Municipality Health policies.
Covid Wedding Protocol:
1. Bring your own pens for you and your witnesses (recommend gel tipped!).
2. Everyone must stay 2-6 meters away from the Officiant at all times.
3. Masks should be worn at all times (especially indoors), except by the Officiant and the couple during the ceremony itself.
4. Ensure that you and your guests are aware of the city's health guidelines for weddings and abide by them, including keeping household groups distanced from each other.
5. Providing an Expresspost envelope from Canada Post is recommended given the uncertainties of regular mail. (Or bring $17 for the Officiant to purchase one).
6. Download the Free E-Book for support when planning/rescheduling weddings.
As always, couples must get their own marriage licence. However, rather than walking in to pick it up, Toronto is accepting requests for appointments: firstname.lastname@example.org. which may take awhile. You can try other city halls in Ontario for faster processing times. On the application, the 'exact' date doesn't matter as long as the ceremony is taking place within 90 days; the location is simply the name of the city.
If you need the Marriage Certificate urgently please find instructions here.